Thursday 7 May 2015

Timeless Time In the UAE

Opening of my exhibition in the United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi Art Hub
A year ago, my exhibition in UAE had just opened. I had spent over a month in that unknown country to me, where I was invited to an artist residency. Now I feel as if I had just returned from that trip. I feel less and less time. I was young even though I have lived in this ongoing life of almost half a century. Arab culture and internationalism in the UAE felt immediately familiar. It was somehow strange that completely alien environment, the land and the people seemed so at home. I feel that I have lived in Arab cultures in the past, at some time and space. That period of my life was affected many things. I am more present in the moment.I was able to give up the efforts that have been unsuccessful. Relationships are even closer. And many other things. This is kind of thanksgivig writing. I'm kinda surprised, like a child, the fact that a year has passed. A feeling of timelessness intensifies.

No comments:

Post a Comment